Kerala State Geological Programming Board
As per the direction of Central Government, the Government of Kerala constituted the State Geological Programming Board (SGPB) in the year 1967 to assess and evaluate of various geological activities (including geological investigations; mineral exploration, exploitation, and administration) in the State by various Central and State Departments / Organisations, Autonomous Bodies/ Institutions and Public Sector undertakings. Principal Secretary to Government, Industries Department, Government of Kerala is the Chairman of the Board. The Director of the Department of Mining and Geology, Government of Kerala is the Member Secretary of the Board and is also the convener of the SGPB meeting. Prior to 2009, one meeting was convened every year to review various programs carried out by different Departments/ Organisations in the previous year and to approve new programs for the coming year. However, in the year 2009, it was decided by CGPB that State Government shall convene two SGPB meetings every year and accordingly 2 meetings are being convened every year. As of February 2010, 45 such board meetings were convened.
Constitution of Kerala State Geological Programming Board
Chairman: Principal Secretary to Government, Department of Industries and Commerce, Government of Kerala
Member Secretary and Convener: Director of Mining and Geology Department, Thiruvananthapuram
1. The Secretary to Government of India, Ministry of Mines, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi.
2. The Advisor (Minerals), Planning Commission, Government of India, Yogana Bhavan, New Delhi
3. The Deputy Director General, Marine Wing, Geological Survey of India GSI Complex, North Block DK Sector Sector II ,Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata
4. The Deputy Director General, GSI Southern Region, Bandlaguda Complex,Sarovar Nagar PO, Hyderabad
5. The Director, Operation West Coast Marine Wing, Geological Survey of India, Mangaladevi Road, Pandeshwar, Mangalore
6. The Director in Charge, GSI Operations ( Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Pondichery), Rajaji Bhavan, Besant Nagar, Chennai
7. The Director, Geological Survey of India, Kerala Unit Dharani Bhavan, Manikanteswaram, Thiruvananthapuram
8. The Director, Offshore Mineral Exploration & Marine Geology Wing, GSI, Edappally, Kochi
9. The Director, Central Ground Water Board, Kerala Region, Kedaram Buildings, Kesavadasapuram
10. The Regional Controller of Mines, Indian Bureau of Mines, 29, Industrial Suburb Second Stage, Trunkur Road, Yesuvandhapuram, Bangalore
11. The Officer - In Charge, Beach Sand and Offshore Investigations, Atomic Minerals Division, Department of Atomic Energy Poojappura, Thiruvananthapura
12. The Director, National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, Pappanamcode, Thiruvananthapuram
13. The Member Secretary, Federation of India Mineral Industries,301, Bakshi House, 40-41, Nehru Palace, New Delhi
14. The Managing Director, Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited (MECL).,Seminary Hills, Nagpur
15. The Zonal Manager, Mineral Exploration Corporation Ltd., GSI Complex, Bandlaguda, Hyderabad
16. The Chief (Industries), State Planning Board, Pattom, Thiruvananthapuram
17. The Chief Engineer, Kerala State Electricity Board, Investigation & Dam Safety, Vydyuthi Bhavan, Pattom , Thiruvananthapuram
18. The Chief Engineer (Investigation and Design), Irrigation Design and Research Board, Water Resources Department, Vikas Bhavan, 3rd Floor, Thiruvananthapuram
19. The Director of Industries and Commerce, Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram
20. The Director, State Ground water Department, Ambalamukku, Kowdiar P.O , Thiruvananthapuram
21. The Chief Engineer, PWD, DRIQ Board, Thiruvananthapuram
22. The Chief Engineer (Civil Construction), Kerala State Electricity Board, Thiruvananthapuram
23. The Chief Conservator of Forest (Protection), Kerala Forest and Wildlife Department, Thiruvananthapuram.
24. The Professor and Head, Department of Geology, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram
25. The Director, Centre for Earth Science Studies, P.B.No.7250, Akkulam, Thiruvananthapuram,
26. The General Manager, Indian Rare Earths, Chavara, Kollam.
27. The Managing Director, Kerala State Mineral Development Corporation Ltd ( KEMDEL), Nandavanam, Thiruvananthapuram.
28. The Managing Director, Malabar Cements Ltd., Palakkad
29. The Managing Director, Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation Ltd., Keston Road, Kowadiar P.O.Thiruvananthapuram
30. The Managing Director, Travancore Cements Ltd., Nattakom, Kottayam
31. The Managing Director, Kerala Ceramics Ltd, Kundara, Kollam
32. The Managing Director, Kerala Clays and Ceramic Products Pappinissery, Kannur
33. The General Manager, Kerala Minerals and Metals Ltd., Chavara, Kollam.